There’s nothing wrong in asking for a review, but remember you
want to give your users a great experience. You should focus on
making your app delightful, not annoying. Pick your moment
carefully and you’ll find users are more than happy to leave you a
I’ve put together a basic set of rules I think anyone involved
with making apps should follow. It’s nothing fancy, and by no
means comprehensive, but it’s a good start:
- Don’t ask at launch. Seriously, never do this.
- Choose the perfect moment, after a positive interaction is
- Try not to interrupt the users workflow, don’t be annoying.
- Only ask once. If they’ve said no, never ask again.
- Ask passively if possible, place it in the app settings or