Among the allegations, U.S. officials are said to have:
- Denied a pregnant minor medical attention when she reported
pain, which preceded a stillbirth.
- Subjected a 16-year-old girl to a search in which they
“forcefully spread her legs and touched her private parts so
hard that she screamed.”
- Left a 4-lb. premature baby and her minor mother in an
overcrowded and dirty cell filled with sick people, against
- Threw out a child’s birth certificate and threatened him with
sexual abuse by an adult male detainee.
- Ran over a 17-year-old with a patrol vehicle and then punched
Customs and Border Protection said the ACLU report “equates
allegations with fact” and ignores reforms that have been made
Widespread abuse of children.